View Thread
Frostgale » General Channel » Global Channel
 Print Thread
Regarding Future Promotions
Death
Please reply here if you have any suggestions/ideas related to any promotions or things we could add/implement to make Frostgale better and to make it more attractable for newcomers!
-- With love, dedication and respect,

-- Frostgale's Staff.

http://www.frostgale.com
Legender
To entice new players to join and level up:

(maybe only make these apply from 1-58?)

Increased Exp on Weekends

Increased Exp from RDF, maybe also make RDF able to take less players (like 3?) and give them a buff depending on how many players they are short (like Tenacity increased health / healing / damage) so they can complete the content

Increased Exp from Vanilla Quests

Add in the "bag of loot" reward from Dungeon Finder at 80 rewarding an Emblem of Valor and a random piece of loot usable by the class maybe somewhere between ilvl 187-200.

----

To give folks more content so that people don't leave / raidlog at 80:

Transmogrification

Cross-faction Battlegrounds

More to come as I think of stuff.

followme
Idea #1
I would also recommend having 2x XP weekends, probably only for Vanilla mobs/quests. This would also apply to low level RDF XP reward. This is probably the easiest to implement.

Idea #2
Leveling race event with vanity and community rewards!
A small award should be given to every participant (reaching a minimum requirement - a cute pet) and the winner should receive a "valuable" reward (TCG mount). The community can also offer special prizes for special categories (example: bags for the best rogue).
First event can be "Ironman leveling race" lasting for a weekend - if you die you are out Smile
Note: It would be FUN, but it takes some time to set it up and tp supervise the event.

Idea #3
Special XP buff for a limited amount of time for newcomers only (accounts without having a 60+ char) and only for new characters. Example: 2x rates for a week in "real" time (to encourage being online as much as possible).

I am against character boosting and character transfer: seems a bit "unfair" and you can exploit it (example: by buying a char on another realm and then transfering it) and it would also mean a bunch of work (manually checking every request).

Since we cannot predict the result of these ideas, as a first step I think you should focus on those which are "easy" to implement.

Legender
Another suggestion: add in Timewalking dungeons / raids so that players can experience all the content. ;-D This is such a sexy idea.

Flevor
Personally i think,increased EXP is the best thing to do it'll attract more people who have time for raids and dungeons but don't have the time to level all the way from x1 too 80

since it's mostly only end content that the majority cares about tbh

followme
Flevor wrote:

Personally i think,increased EXP is the best thing to do it'll attract more people who have time for raids and dungeons but don't have the time to level all the way from x1 too 80

since it's mostly only end content that the majority cares about tbh

I think the majority cares about the WotLK content, so I would keep at least that part at 1x rate.
The troublesome and annoying part is the vanilla leveling (1-58) so I would focus on speeding up that one. BC questing/leveling is actually well-organized and fast. WotLK should be untouched Wink

Emilia
Well, I've left some ideas in the Discord chat, but I'll put them here to, so they're easier to find. Smile

Some ideas for new players:

1: An increased amount of experience on the first character of a newly created account. (Around the same as heirlooms would give?)

2: Increased exp weekend? (This lasts like... multiple weeks? Maybe forever? Who knows? xD)

Ideas to entertain "old" players:

1: transmog (although I'm not sure... It removed the Blizz-like status of our server. :/)

2: Events (Don't really care about the rewards, it's just to have fun.) (I could use my TriviaBot Grin)

I wouldn't increase the experience rate on the realm permanently. Again, it has to do with the Blizz-like status of FG. It's up to you guys if you want to stick to that. (Personally, I would.)

And, as said in the Discord chat, a boost to for example lvl68 is a bit too much. (Leveling is part of the experience. Also, even if someone leveled to lvl80 on another server, it was a different server. Most people have played on other servers too, they started over too.)

I'll add new ideas when I get them. xD

Bromms
I really like the idea of adding Transmog. It gives people at 80 a TON of extra stuff to do, it gives higher level players even more reason to go through older dungeons with newer players, and it is a reason to keep logging on at level cap when there aren't raids going on. I see a number of positives and no negatives.

followme
About transmog:
It would be really nice to have such feature but I don't think it has the highest priority.

Now that servers are rising and falling constantly being a stable realm for the long run becomes more and more important for future players.
Frostgale needs to take advantage of that!

But unfortunately one of the major things this server is lacking is communication!

Having and publishing long term plans can draw attention and players without even doing any coding/fixing.

I already mentioned that a couple of times but you should have weekly announcement about what is going on with the server.

If I would be a newcomer and I would check this webpage I would see that nothing was changed/fixed in a month --> I would draw the conclusion: this server is DEAD already (even if this is not true)!

Death
I agree with you on the part of more communication, that should be changed! I'd be so grateful if I could find some person to deal with the PR of Frostgale.

I'm pretty much handling all the development part by myself and I can't find time for the PR thing too.

-- Frostgale's Staff.

HappyHooker
Bromms wrote:

I really like the idea of adding Transmog. It gives people at 80 a TON of extra stuff to do, it gives higher level players even more reason to go through older dungeons with newer players, and it is a reason to keep logging on at level cap when there aren't raids going on. I see a number of positives and no negatives.

I like this idea as well, collecting pieces for transmog is one of my favorite things to do. I know there is already a patch made for it on Rochet2 github, perhaps it'd work for your core if you ever decide to go that route.

Sargantis
would be nice sure, but i think there are more important things that could be done first with raid releasing/raid tuning for less ppl/ bug fixing etc

maby eventually

HappyHooker
Sargantis wrote:

would be nice sure, but i think there are more important things that could be done first with raid releasing/raid tuning for less ppl/ bug fixing etc

maby eventually

Yes raids, tuning, and bugfixes are of course more important. I assumed his original thread was referring to suggestions outside that which is expected on any private server. One doesn't really need a thread to ask for suggestions of bugfixes and raid releasing/tuning. Also, the transmog script has already been created by someone else, it's just a matter of applying it to the core. So it's hardly a long term project Smile
Edited by HappyHooker on 14-05-2017 16:39

Sargantis
ah i didnt read though all the posts i just read yours outa context. In that case yes i agree transmog would be a good idea for something else to work on i guess as it doesnt affect anything ingame but still provides something for people to do while we wait for more population

Death
I think xMog might be a good idea, and it might be added soon. I'd like a few mor epeople to "vote" on it, but it's a GO from me.

-- Frostgale's Staff.

Sargantis
awesome, love farming old raids for achevs and vanity gear Grin

Snothvalp
I would like to suggest that you open a vote shop, where it is important that the exp. bonus is a reward with a specific duration (24 hours). This will motivate people to do more voting while you obtain "free" advertising for your server.
I personally love the exp. bonus due to the fact that I've been through the adventure (leveling/grinding), and I'm almost certain that most people, who join a wotlk private server, feel the same. Some people enjoy the leveling - fine - let them do it 1x, but you want to catch the players, who purely want the endgame and at the same time; have them share the fact that Frostgale is at present.

Sargantis
in regards to attracting population, does the voting thing even actually do anything?

I would think most people hear about the servers from reviews/word of mouth/Reddit perhaps im in the minority but i have never gone to one of those vote site things to see what server i want to play on.

zanelol
Death wrote:

I think xMog might be a good idea, and it might be added soon. I'd like a few mor epeople to "vote" on it, but it's a GO from me.

Yes I really like the idea of a transmog service! Please add it!

drazhebre
Hello, I read the above comments and I would like to say a few things:
#1: About XP rates it should stay as it is, atleast for 1st char*(That's the one of the things that might bring good and real players. Since Higher XP rates are kinda pointless,lets do like 200-250 quest's and ding 80.. And if You (Death) raise XP rates it will be same as Warmane,Gamer-Disctrict etc.. 1 thing that you could do is for 2nd and all other chars to give lets say a bit higher rates, but point- they should level atleast 1 char on this low rates (1-3)so they can learn class(role) a bit or w/e. *If im not wrong, we have a Mob expirience boost until Outland content(if we .exp 3)? So my opinion is that atleast for 1st char there shouldnt be any kind of aditional boost.
#2. About Xmog/Transmog- That thing is kinda common these days on WOTLK private servers and its hard to judge is it good or bad but in my opinion like i've expirienced , at the END-Game point or full content released- people will just rush in that old raids to collect some Xmog, but that raids would be pointless then(They are kinda "pointless" anyway but atleast some achievement farm or w/e).I dont have anything against Xmog, but im just in fear that old content (atleast WOTLK one) will lose that passion / glamor. My PERSONAL opinion on Xmogs in WOTLK!
-Tip for improvement:
-Since this is proggresive type of server, maybe there should be some thing like-you need to clear full Naxx 10 man to be able to enter New released content,same for 25 man (soon as we have enough players on server for it),that could be interesting idea,so all the players will expirience FULL WOTLK content. (I dont know if this Idea is possible to make or if there is something like this on other private servers)
#3 About Vote Points Shop / Donations : First of all, i dont know how vote affects on our server at that vote sites but i guess we ll "Climb" at higher rank. Anyway If there is gonna be any kind of Vote/Donor Shop it should be only some cool stuff- Mounts,Companions,etc.. But not any kind of ITEMS not even old one. It would be much better for people to Farm /Craft that old legendary items or w/e. And about donation shop, if you set some lower prices on mounts it will be "Our Support for you" - Cuz why not to keep this server alive!
As Death said , good is not enough sometimes. So lets keep it UP! And stay True. For now only this, If i remember any more interesting things i ll post. And again keep in mind Players of Frostgale , this is my PERSONAL opinion, and we're here to say that.. And yes i've forgot, #1 ,#2 & #3 are reasons why i came here, and why i ll stay even with small community.
Your Aynos - Alex . =)
Edited by drazhebre on 02-06-2017 14:45

Jump to Forum: